- The Indiana
Center for New Crops and Plant Products at Purdue
University has several
large indices of plant information.
- U.C. Fruit
and Nut Research and Information Center including a Postharvest
National Clonal Germplasm Repository at Corvallis,
Oregon, is a genebank that preserves invaluable plant
genetic resources of temperate fruit, nut, and agronomic
crops. This facility is one of about 30 sites in the U.S.
- The WebGarden
at the Ohio State University Department of Horticulture
and Crop Science - Numerous resources for gardening
enthusiasts and Green Industry professionals.
Department - Fruit Tree Research Institute, Rome,
Italy - plant tissue culture, micropropagation, plant
biotechnology, plant cryopreservation
- Minor Tree Fruit Species Project.
Coordinators: E. Bellini - E. Giordani,
Dipartimento di Ortoflorofrutticoltura, Florence, Italy
Covers: fig, strawberry tree, pomegranate, cornelian cherry, persimmon,
medlar, loquat, jujube, cactus pear, azerole, quince, sorb, European
chestnut, mulberry tree, pistachio, carob tree
- Tree Fruit Research and
Extension Center at Washington State University
- USDA-ARS Tree
Fruit Research Laboratory
- UCR -
Biological, Agricultural and Medical Resources
Department of Horticulture
- Cornell Cooperative
- Horticulture and Food
Research Institute of New Zealand
- Pruning Trees - a brief guide to proper tree pruning.
of Missouri Extension publications on-line
- The Arboretum at the
University of California, Santa Cruz
Tissue Culture in the Kitchen -- it's not as hard as you might think
- UC Davis, Agriculture and Natural Resources online catalog - educational publications, slide sets and videos
Davis Postharvest Technology Research and Information Center - Storing
Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
- Horticulture in the Northern Territory of Australia - Crop information for the Northern Territory.
Cornell University Apple Rootstock Fact Sheets - Information and sources of
all the common apple rootstocks sold in the U.S.
The California Backyard Orchard -
A University of California resource for fruit and nut crops.
Citrus Industry, Chapter 4 -
UC Riverside has scanned and put online this out-of-print citrus classic.
UC Riverside Avocado
Information Site - Answers to many of the most common questions about
Markets - Information compiled by the California Federation of
Certified Farmers Markets and U.C. Davis.
National Center for Home Food Preservation
- Current research-based recommendations for most methods of home food
Budding Techniques - helpful animations showing various budding techniques,
from Texas A&M.
- Asexual Plant Propagation - more information from Texas A&M on grafting and layering.
- Northwest Center for Small Fruits
Research (NCSFR) - a joint research program
that includes Oregon State University, Washington State University, University
Idaho and USDA-ARS
- Australian New Crops - the Australian equivalent to the Purdue University
New Corps site above.
- Some of the
Cultivated Fruits of El Salvador - En Español.
- Tropical Horticulture - Interesting and thorough series of lectures on tropical horticulture, including several on fruits, from Purdue University.
- Pistachio - Good set of lecture notes with photos on pistachio production from Texas A&M (in Adobe Acrobat format - requires free Acrobat reader be installed).
- Mark's Fruit Crops - A compilation of information about fruit by Mark Rieger, a faculty member at the University of Georgia.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF) - Uses international data standards to promote biodiversity information - over 100 million species currently listed.
Don't forget about the alt.agriculture.fruit,
sci.agriculture.fruit, rec.gardens and rec.gardens.edible UseNet news
More links will be added here as we find them (and find the
time to update this page.)
© Copyright 1997-2004, California Rare Fruit Growers,
Questions or comments? Contact us.