Volume 47, No. 5 - September & October 2015
U.S. $7.50; Canada/Mexico Air $9.50; Foreign Air $10.50
Photo by Ken Love – Captain Cook, HI
- 2015 Fruit Shoot Photo Contest Winners
- Emory Walton and the judges of the crfg development fund have done it again. Picking
winners is hard enough, but sorting through a blizzard of beautiful digital images and trying
to decide which ones are outstanding must take a special kind of judgment and patience.
- Maintaining Your Home Vineyard
- In a follow-up to his informative article in the last issue about establishing a home vineyard,
George Tyson offers indispensable advice based on experience and observation over many
growing seasons. In a fitting conclusion he shows us the fun of winemaking and his man cave.
- Saffron Plum, or Coma
- Never one to shrink from a difficult or obscure topic, Jamlady does it again. Here is a very
interesting fruit botanically named Sideroxylon celastrinum, which gives no hint of its flavor.
- A Bit About the Ultimate Drought-Tolerant Fruit
- In her efforts to help obtain a story about cacti for the Fruit Gardener in support of the Year
of Drought-Tolerant Fruits, Jenny Hom enthused about the cactus in her own backyard.
- Ask the Experts—POLLINATION, CHILLING HOURS, PLANTING PITS
From the Editor
From the President
CRFG Kitchen—FOR FRUIT-LOVING COUPLES
Jamming with Jamlady—SIDEROXYLON CELASTRINUM
- CRFG Officers, Chapters and Services
Erratum ERRONEOUSLY USED PHOTO
Erratum NOTIFICATION OF MISSING PHOTO CREDITS
© Copyright 2015, California Rare Fruit Growers, Inc.
Questions or comments? Contact us.