Volume 47, No. 4 - July & August 2015
U.S. $7.50; Canada/Mexico Air $9.50; Foreign Air $10.50
Photo by Bass Samaan– Bethlahem, PA
- How I Became a Fruit Addict
- Most members are likely to have some sort of interesting story about an experience or event that originally sparked their interest in fruit. Shane Lamb & Lisa Lamb of Austin, Texas, have such a story, and decided to share with us what made them become fruit enthusiasts.
- Establishing a Home Vineyard
- Members who have been paying attention won’t be surprised by George Tyson’s energy and thoroughness in his approach to growing fruit of any kind. He’s a self starter and a problem solver. Here is his practical approach to avoiding wasted time and motion in viticulture.
- The Florida Hog Plum
- Jamlady is presenting another Florida indigenous fruit, the hog plum. Ximenia americana
goes by quite a number of other common names. Despite its relative obscurity, this fruit is
widespread and fairly popular except in areas where its semiparasitic nature is a problem.
- Ask the Experts Revival
- Ellen Baker & Freddy Menge responded to the need for having a print version of crfg’s
online question and answer forum. The Fruit Gardener will be better for their willingness.
- Ask the Experts—THE PLACE TO GET QUESTIONS ANSWERED
From the Editor
From the President
CRFG Kitchen—FRUITS AND SEA BREEZES
Jamming with Jamlady—FLORIDA HOG PLUM
- CRFG Officers, Chapters and Services
Errata NOTIFICATION OF MISSING PHOTO CREDITS
© Copyright 2015, California Rare Fruit Growers, Inc.
Questions or comments? Contact us.