Volume 42, No. 2 - March & April 2010
U.S. $7.50; Canada/Mexico Air $9.50; Foreign Air $10.50
- A Daily Dose of Antioxidants?
- As fruit growing enthusiasts, we all know at least something about antioxidants
and their healthful properties, don’t we? Well, not necessarily. Erin K. Peabody
says that Agricultural Research Service study shows that one should be selective,
because our bodies don’t metabolize all antioxidants in exactly the same ways.
- Cold Seed of the Incas
- Tatiana Anderson and Alex Butov, of Florida’s Top Tropicals Botanical Garden, offer
an enticing overview of some of the more popular and succulent annonaceous
fruits. We should all be so lucky as to be able to grow these in our backyards.
- My Indoor Guanabana
- Pavel Aldoshin, a young Russian engineer, was determined to grow his own soursop
in his Moscow apartment. It took him 14 years to realize his dream, but realize
it he did. See for yourself the steps that brought him the success he desired.
- Delight-of-the-Year Award
- What with all the snow and cold weather in her Chicago-area suburb, Jamlady Bev
Alfeld’s thoughts naturally turned to yearning for warmer weather and farmers
markets. It seemed high time to begin planning a garden, and to find her favorite
for the year. So she started perusing all the seed catalogs that land in her mailbox.
- News & Notices
CRFG Officers and Chapters
Festival of Fruit 2010
Fruit Shoot 2010 Photo Contest
Tribute, Herb Lee
Tribute, Lynn Maxson
Ask The Experts—ROOTING, GRAFTING, PAWPAWS, MORE
CRFG Kitchen—ENJOYING EARLY FRUITS
From the President
Jamming with Jamlady—SIMPLE OLIVE RECIPES
Organic Gardening—MISTER MUSHROOM
The Marketplace—CRFG GOODIES & CLASSIFIED
© Copyright 2010, California Rare Fruit Growers, Inc.
Questions or comments? Contact us.