Volume 41, No. 6 - November & December 2009
U.S. $7.50; Canada/Mexico Air $9.50; Foreign Air $10.50
Felipe Osborne Shea
- Yuzu, Sudachi and Kabosu
- The Citrus Variety Collection is an amazing and invaluable respository operated and maintained by the University of California, Riverside. UCR Scientists Toni Siebert
and Tracy Kahn wanted to inform members about three acid citrus cultivars.
- One Step Short of Paradise
- When Felipe Osborne Shea mentioned a trip to Ecuador not long ago, he conveyed
few hints about what a unique and fascinating place he would be visiting.
- Pictorial: 2009 Festival of Fruit in Santa Rosa
- Five enthusiastic photographers took the time and trouble to record many scenes and situations during the 2009 Festival. Here they share the fruits of their labors.
- Olive Oil Preferences: It’s All About Familiarity
- Alexandra Kicenik Devarenne and Paul Vossen originally wrote this article for the University of California Extension Service First Press newsletter. It offers the essentials of Mr. Vossen’s olive oil tasting presentation during the 2009 Festival.
- 5th Annual Pitahaya Festival
- You won’t find a more enthusiastic evangelist for pitahaya, or dragon fruit, than Edgar Valdivia. Here he offers a brief account of this year’s Pitahaya Festival, the fifth such event. Next year will be Year of the Pitahaya. No doubt Edgar can hardly wait.
- News & Notices
CRFG Officers and Chapters
- A Grower's Potpourri—DRIP IRRIGATION
Ask The Experts—HORTICULTURAL EVENTS OFFER MORE
Book Review—SIMPLY QUINCE
CRFG Kitchen—WARM UP WITH WINTER DELIGHTS
From the Editor
From the President
Jamming with Jamlady—SIMPLE OLIVE RECIPES
Organic Gardening—WHY ORGANIC MATTERS
© Copyright 2009, California Rare Fruit Growers, Inc.
Questions or comments? Contact us.