Volume 39, No. 1 - January & February 2007
U.S. $5.00; Foreign Surface $6.00; Foreign Air $8.00
- Pitaya Festival 2006
- Considering the history of the first pitaya festival, which was rained out, Emory
Walton was a bit difficult to persuade to attend this year’s mostly indoor event,
but Edgar Valdivia’s enthusiasm prevailed. Now Emory is ready for next year.
- A Little Taste of Mango
- Thanks to Ben Kuo we are able to kick off the Year of the Mango with a mango article.
Perhaps this will be the first of many. Turn to the back cover for mango photos.
- The Bloods: Mutations, Chemistry and Flavor
- For quite a few years David Karp has been collecting and organizing obscure information
about pigmented citrus. Add to that his exciting latest discoveries, and you have
the makings of a fascinating article, filled with little-known facts and great photos.
- Pomegranate Pilgrimage
- In light of all the bad news from the Middle East nowadays, who would want to
travel there for any reason other than dire need? Barbara Baer had reservations,
but set out nevertheless for Adana, Turkey, where she had arranged to attend the
International Symposium on Pomegranate and Minor Mediterranean Fruits. This
proved more interesting than expected, when she was asked to present a paper.
- Fifth Annual Wolfskill Pomegranate Tasting
- Most readers probably understand by now that Barbara Baer has a special love for
pomegranates and for information about them. Therefore it should surprise no one to
learn that she attended the annual pomegranate tasting at Wolfskill and helped out too.
- News & Notices
APHIS Docket Announcement
Festival of Fruit 2007 Bulletin
Guide to Articles for 2006
Special: Mangomania Fruit Shoot
Special to CRFG: Pomegranate Book Offer
UC Davis Announces Gardening Book
- Ask the Experts–TEAMWORK IS THE WORD
- Container Gardening–CITRUS IN COLORADO
- CRFG Kitchen–YEAR OF THE MANGO
- Book Reviews (two on pomegranates)
- Fruit Forum
- Jamming with Jamlady–A CULINARY CURIOSITY
- Organic Gardening–the NALED CONTROVERSY PART 2
- President's Message
- Seed Bank–ANOTHER FULL PAGE THIS ISSUE
- The Marketplace CRFG
© Copyright 2007, California Rare Fruit Growers, Inc.
Questions or comments? Contact us.