Volume 38, No. 6 - November & December 2006
U.S. $5.00; Foreign Surface $6.00; Foreign Air $8.00
- New World Sapotes
- The tropical fruits Noel Ramos grows in his Florida backyard are both delectable and
visually attractive. With this interesting story he makes us wish we could grow some.
- Orchard Ladder Safety and Selection
- Lennette Horton developed this piece on orchard ladders for her chapter newsletter
as a result of a chapter member’s mishap with an ordinary ladder. Three legs rule.
- Pictorial: 2006 Festival of Fruit in San Luis Obispo
- The celebration of the Year of the Healthful Grape was a great event. Since a wealth
of digital photos were taken there, it seemed best to let those images tell the story.
- Import Quarantine Issues with Jujube and Other Arid Climate Plants
- A while back Roger & Shirley Meyer shipped some jujube plants to Ben Waddelow,
who lives in South Australia. When that shipment arrived at the agricultural inspection
station, those folks thought the plants were diseased. It’s an odd story. Read on.
- Amazon Tree-Grape
- Felipe Osborne Shea relates the welfare of some unusual fruit-bearing plants as they
survive in the aftermath of Tropical Storm Jeanne. One even thrives in a prone position.
- Are Ants in Your Plants?
- Lots of imported insect pests in the U.S. today. Some are able to prosper and multiply
despite all efforts. The Argentine ant is one of the worst. Joy Gumz elucidates.
- News & Notices
- Advertising information
- CRFG Membership Card Returns
- CRFG magazine subscription application
- Kiwifruit Pruning Demo Announced
- Organization contacts
- Possible Skeeter Killing Solution
- Product Evaluation Update - Noisebuster
- Container Gardening-About Poly and Pots
- CRFG Kitchen–GRAPES EXPECTATIONS
- Fruit Forum (and Forum Special)
- Jamming with Jamlady–COOKING WITH PINE NUTS
- Organic Gardening–ORGANIC VS CONVENTIONAL
- President's Message
- Seed Bank-FULL PAGE OF SEED OFFERINGS THIS ISSUE
- The Marketplace CRFG
© Copyright 2006, California Rare Fruit Growers, Inc.
Questions or comments? Contact us.