Some 2011 Scion Exchanges
- Santa Clara Chapter - Saturday, January 15, 2011, 11 am - 3 pm (10 am for CRFG Members), Prusch Park (Multi-Cultural Center and Meeting Hall) at the intersection of Story and King Roads in San Jose (entrance is off King Road). Grafting demo at 11:15 am and 1:00 pm. Some rootstocks and grafting supplies for sale. Free to all; Donations are welcome.
Contact: Karl Gross, (408) 733-5317, gross_karl at sbcglobal.net
- Monterey Bay Chapter - Sunday, January 16, 2011, Noon - 3 pm, Cabrillo College Horticulture Department, Building 5005, Aptos. Free to CRFG members; $5
for the public.
Contact: Dave Shaw at (831) 429-1013 or <shawstafari at gmail.com>, or Ellen Baker at (831) 662-2216 or <lsbfog at gmail.com>
- Golden Gate Chapter - Saturday, January 22, 2011, Noon - 3 pm, First Baptist Church, 4555 Hilltop Drive, El Sobrante. Donation $4 for everyone.
[see http://www.crfg.org/chapters/golden_gate/scionex.htm for more details]
Contact:Contact: John, (415) 246-8834, johnvalenzuela at hotmail.com
- Sacramento Chapter - Sunday, January 23, 2011, 10 am - 1 pm, Sacramento
Cooperative Extension Center, 4145 Branch Center Road (at Kiefer Rd), Sacramento.
Donation $1 for non-members.
Directions: From US 50 in Sacramento, exit at Bradshaw, and
go south on Bradshaw. Turn right onto Keifer Rd. After approx. 1 block, turn
right onto Branch Center Rd, then immediately turn left into the parking lot.
Contact: <twofurys at comcast.net>
- Redwood Empire Chapter - Saturday, January 29, 2011, Sebastopol Veterans
Memorial Hall, 282 High Street, Sebastopol. 11 am - 2 pm. Rootstock and grafting demonstrations.
Contact: Go to http://www.crfg.org/chapters/redwood_empire
- Mendocino Permaculture Winter Abundance Workshop - Saturday, February 5, 2011, Boonville
High School Domes, 10 am - 4 pm. Boonville.
Mark Albert and Pat Schafer teaching hour-long classes on grafting, chip budding, cutting and seed propagation. Emerald Earth Seed Savers present all day with seeds of vegetables, herbs and flowers. Admission is free to all. Plan to spend the day "talking plants." Hot homemade lunch for sale.
Contact: Mark Albert, <albert at pacific.net>
- Central Coast Chapter - Saturday, February 19, 2011, Cal Poly Crops
Unit, San Luis Obispo. Exchange opens and grafting demos begin at 1:30 pm,
rain or shine. Admission free for everyone. Rootstocks & grafting supplies
Directions: From Highway 101 in San Luis Obispo, exit to Highway 1
(Santa Rosa) and head north towards Morro Bay. Turn right at Highland (major
intersection with traffic lights). Take Highland onto the campus of Cal Poly
(no parking permit needed on Saturday). Turn left at Mt. Bishop Road &
park immediately. Crops Unit is at corner of Highland & Mt. Bishop, on
left side of both roads.
Contact: Dr. Art DeKleine, (805) 543-9455, Adeklein at calpoly.edu