Some 2010 Scion Exchanges
- Santa Clara Chapter - Saturday, January 9, 2010, 11 am - 3 pm (10 am for CRFG Members), Prusch Park (Multi-Cultural Center and Meeting Hall) at the intersection of Story and King Roads in San Jose (entrance is off King Road). Grafting demo at 11:15 am and 1:00 pm. Some rootstocks and grafting supplies for sale. Free to all; Donations are welcome.
Contact: Karl Gross, (408) 733-5317, gross_karl at sbcglobal.net
- Monterey Bay Chapter - Sunday, January 10, 2010, Noon - 3 pm, Cabrillo College Horticultural Center, Aptos. Free to CRFG members and Cabrillo College students; $5
for the public.
Contact: Dave Shaw, (831) 429-1013
- Golden Gate Chapter - Saturday, January 16, 2010, Noon - 3 pm, Malcolm X Elementary School (Two blocks from Ashby BART station), 1731 Prince Street , Berkeley. Donation $4 for everyone.
[see http://www.crfg.org/chapters/golden_gate/scionex.htm for more details]
Contact:Contact: John Valenzuela, (415) 246-8834, johnvalenzuela at hotmail.com
- Sacramento Chapter - Sunday, January 17, 2010, 10 am - 1 pm, Sacramento
Cooperative Extension Center, 4145 Branch Center Road (at Kiefer Rd), Sacramento.
Donation $1 for non-members.
Directions: From US 50 in Sacramento, exit at Bradshaw, and
go south on Bradshaw. Turn right onto Keifer Rd. After approx. 1 block, turn
right onto Branch Center Rd, then immediately turn left into the parking lot.
Contact: Jimmy Barsh, (916) 482-3181, cjbarsch at hotmail.com
- Redwood Empire Chapter - Saturday, January 23, 2010, Sebastopol Veterans
Memorial Hall, 282 High Street, Sebastopol. 11 am - 2 pm. Rootstock and grafting demonstrations.
Contact: David Ulmer, (707) 824-1650, davidu9999 at gmail.com
- Mendocino Permaculture Winter Abundance Workshop - Saturday, January 30, 2010, Boonville
High School Domes, 10 am - 4 pm. Boonville.
Mark Albert and Pat Schafer teaching hour-long classes on grafting, chip budding, cutting and seed propagation. Emerald Earth Seed Savers present all day with seeds of vegetables, herbs and flowers. Admission is free to all. Plan to spend the day "talking plants." Hot homemade lunch for sale.
Contact: Mark Albert, albert at pacific.net
- Central Coast Chapter - Saturday, February 13, 2010, Cal Poly Crops
Unit, San Luis Obispo. Exchange opens and grafting demos begin at 1:30 pm,
rain or shine. Admission free for everyone. Rootstocks & grafting supplies
Directions: From Highway 101 in San Luis Obispo, exit to Highway 1
(Santa Rosa) and head north towards Morro Bay. Turn right at Highland (major
intersection with traffic lights). Take Highland onto the campus of Cal Poly
(no parking permit needed on Saturday). Turn left at Mt. Bishop Road &
park immediately. Crops Unit is at corner of Highland & Mt. Bishop, on
left side of both roads.
Contact: Dr. Art DeKleine, (805) 543-9455, Adeklein at calpoly.edu